This blog post aims to help students to select the most appropriate topic for their human resource management dissertation and to provide practical advice on how a human resource dissertation should be structured to achieve the highest possible academic grade. There is a wide array of topics that can be incorporated in human resource dissertations, including but not limited to organizational strategic human resource management issues, employees training and development, reward management, appraisals and talent management.
A human resource dissertation can either be presented as a study of the contemporary research or as a case study approach (comparing literature to an actual organization). Some intriguing HRM Dissertation Topics are suggested below. Students may adapt them to meet their own requirements and preferences.
“Our expert dissertation writers can help you with all stages of the dissertation writing process including topic research and selection, dissertation plan, dissertation proposal, methodology, statistical analysis, primary and secondary research, findings and analysis and complete dissertation writing. Learn more about Research Prospect dissertation writing services.“
HRM Dissertation Topics for 2018
Analyzing the importance and Impact of training and development on organization’s sustainability during economic crises
Purpose: For the purpose of achieving organizational objectives and milestones, leaders and business owners have realized the importance of training and developing their workforce so that they get properly aligned with the organizational objectives. The main aim of the research is to analyze the importance and impact of employee training and development on organization’s sustainability during economic downturns.
How online digital platforms have helped organizations in recruiting effectively and efficiently
Purpose: With the advent of technology, firms have revolutionized their business operations. Under this revolution, the concept of recruitment and selection has also been transformed. Many organizations have adopted different techniques and methods to recruit talented employees. Therefore, this research intends to finds to out how online digital platforms have helped the organizations in recruiting talented employees in a more efficient and effective manner.
Analyzing the factors which directly impact employee’s personal decision to leave employment
Purpose: Employee turnover rate has always been a major concern for many organizations regardless of their size and nature. A valuable and a talented employee is usually hard to find and retain. However, it has been found out that there are different factors which motivate an employee to search for a new job. Keeping this phenomenon in mind, the current research will be analyzing the factors that has direct impact on employee’s personal decision to leave employment.
Critically analyzing the concept of workplace flexibility and how it impacts employee and organizational performance
Purpose: In today’s modern era, workplace environment has been transformed drastically from a strict and conventional style to a more flexible one. Among the many modern changes, the concept of workplace flexibility has gain immense popularity. Therefore, this research aims at critically analyzing the concept of workplace flexibility and how it has an impact on employee and organizational performance.
A comparative analysis of job satisfaction and motivational factors of employees in public versus private organizations.
Purpose: Job satisfaction and employee motivation are regarded as the most important element of HR practices. The main aim of HR policies is to satisfy, retain, and motivate employees. Therefore, the purpose of this research is to conduct a comparative analysis of job satisfaction and motivational factors of employee in public versus private organizations.
HR Learning and Development Dissertation Topics
All organisational activities aimed at improving the productivity and performance of groups and individuals can be classified as the components of learning and development function of HRM. Learning and development encompasses three pivotal activities including education, training and development.
Also Read:Law Dissertation Topics
As such, the training activities help to evaluate an employee based on his existing job responsibilities. Educational activities include those that focus on jobs that an employee can expect to hold in the future. Finally, the development activities are those that the employer may partake in the future. It should be noted that the importance of HR learning and development has provoked many organisations to review and possibly renew their policies on learning and development by regularly investing in their staff.
- Analysis leadership behaviours that nurture organisational learning with focus on leadership models that help to implement learning activities
- To understand and establish the relationship between individual learning and organisational learning
- The importance of appreciative inquiry in regards to organisational learning and development culture – A case study of ExxonMobil
- To establish the correlation between organisation competency development and learning activities & programmes
- “An examination of knowledge management and organisational learning for sustained firm performance. A case study of British Telecom”
- Investigating learning and development of human resource in public sector in the UK
- The importance of HR learning and development activities for SMEs
- Human resource practices and employees’ decision to quit
- Developing organisational competitive advantage through strategic employee training in computer knowledge
- The impact of various training and learning based activities on employees’ productivity
“Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.”
HR Performance Review Dissertation Topics
A performance review, also known as a career development discussion, performance evaluation and employee appraisal, can be defined as a method to evaluate an employee based on their job performance. “Performance appraisals are employed to determine who needs what training, and who will be promoted, demoted, retained, or fired.” Performance review mainly includes techniques and methods to reduce bias from the appraisal process, and the theory from management and psychology practice. Some interesting topics in this area of HRM are suggested below:
- To understand and establish the relationship between performance review and employee motivation in large and diversified business organisations
- Effective performance appraisal – A study to establish correlation between employer satisfaction and optimizing business results
- Investigating the efficacy of performance appraisal from the perception of employees in UK retail industry – A case study of Tesco
- Employee performance appraisal and the role of fairness and satisfaction
- Investigating performance review and appraisal methods employed by human resource department of any large oil and gas company
- Job satisfaction and performance appraisals
- Public sector appraisals and the spinal pay reward
- To investigate efficacy of 360 degree appraisals
HR Employee motivation Dissertation Topics
Employees of any organisation need some sort of an objective to remain focused. Most workers keep working with their current organisation if they are happy with their salary package. However, it is vitally important to keep employees motivated at work for an organisation to retain them for longer periods.
Also Read:Medicine and Nursing Dissertation Topics Free
The quality of work produced by an employee may significantly drop if motivation is not present in them. Employee motivation methods and techniques employed by business organisations tp keep their employees motivated include the psychological forces that determine a person’s level of persistence and ambitions, a person’s level of effort and determination, and the direction of their behaviour within the firm. Some suggestions in this area of HRM are provided below to help you get started with your dissertation:
- To investigate the role of motivation in HRM – A study highlighting the most important motivation factors for future business leaders
- Employee satisfaction and work motivation
- Employee motivation and performance
- Human resource management – Motivation among workers in large and diversified business organisations
- Effects of motivational programmes and activities on employee performance
- To understand and investigate the role of motivation in performance management
- Motivation and performance reward
- Work productivity and the role of employee motivation programmes and activities
- To discuss the role of employee motivation in relation to retention levels
- Differences and similarities between traditional and contemporary theories
HR Performance Management Dissertation Topics
All processes and activities aimed at consistently meeting organisational goals and objectives can be considered as the elements of HR performance management mechanism. The performance management framework focuses on the processes of developing a service or product, performance of an employee, department or an organisation, as well a various other areas. There are many business organisations that employ performance management strategies to gain competitive advantage. Some suggestions on performance management research topics are below for you to base your HR dissertation on:
- The effect of performance management for large and diversified business organisations
- The role of performance management activities in improving employees’ skills and abilities
- Is it really possible to manage performance of workers through performance management techniques?
- Employee performance and performance management systems – A qualitative study
- Performance management examinations in human resource management of profit oriented organisations
- To establish the most important elements of the performance management framework
- Human resource management practices and business performance – The role of environmental uncertainties and strategies
- The efficacy of performance management systems in UK’s retail industry
- Towards a framework for performance management in a higher education institution
- Should wages be capped through performance management – A qualitative study
Not Sure Which Dissertation Topic to Choose?
Use Our Topic Planning Service
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW
Strategic Human Resource Management Dissertation Topics
Strategic human resource management or strategic HRM can be defined as “proactive management of the employees of a business organisation”. Traditional elements of the HRM system including payroll, discipline, hiring, effective coordination and communication between employees and higher management, enhancing productivity and performance, and maximisation of benefits for both the employer and the workers. Some intriguing dissertation topics in this area of HRM are suggested below.
- The efficacy of communication processes and employees’ involvement plans to improve employee commitment towards organisational goals – A case study of Sainsbury
- To investigate HRM theory and practice in a call centre – A case study of any UK call centre
- Differences and similarities between HRM strategies and policies employed by German and Japanese automobile companies
- A resource-based view assessment of strategic human resources quality management systems
- To understand and critically evaluate the HRM strategies employed by small and medium sized enterprises in the UK
- Relating organisational performance to strategic human resource management – A study of small scale businesses in the UK
- Investigating strategic human resource management in Singapore – A qualitative study
- The role of organisational support programmes to enhance work outcome and employees behaviour
- To establish the most important components of strategic HRM for SMEs in the UK to develop competitive advantage
- To establish the significance of the relationship between organisational performance and strategic human resource management
Human Resource Theory Dissertation Topics
The human resource theory framework takes into account both the soft and hard versions of human resources management. The soft approach considers workers’ expectations and outcomes whilst addressing business performance concerns of an organization. Hard human resource management approach, on the other hand, would evaluate the effectiveness of HRM systems and processes based on business performance criterion with little emphasis on workers’ needs and expectations.
Also Read:Fashion and Culture Dissertation Topics free
Below are some suggestions for your if you are interested in basing your dissertation on HR theory:
- A comparative analysis of various human resources theory approaches
- To study human resources systems practiced by large and diversified organisations in the UK
- The role of human resources management (HRM) in regards to addressing workers’ concerns
- Can HRM have a negative influence on performance of business organisations – A qualitative study
- The efficacy of trade unions’ place in the organization
- The role of human resources policies behind closed doors
- To investigate the most predominant human HRM and control strategies employed by business organisations
- To investigate the role of HR as a shared service
- Does a supervisor have a role to play in implementing HR practices – A critical study
- HR versus Taylorism
HR Organisational Culture Dissertation Topics
Organisational culture, also known as organisational climate, is defined as the process by which the culture of an organisation can be quantified. The properties of the work environment that are either considered as positive or negative by the employees (and that may influence their behaviour) are the most important components of the organisational culture framework. “Organisational climate surveying enables the impact of Human Resource (HR) strategies to be evaluated to create HR Return on Investment (HRROI) calculations.” If you are interesting in discussing culture as your HRM dissertation, some topics are suggested below.
- The role of leadership, HRM and culture in vitalising management systems in firms
- Finding the right balance between differentiation and standardisation of HRM practices and policies – HRM of multinational companies operation within European Union
- Cross-cultural human resource management
- The impact of cross-cultural competencies in start-up companies
- The role of organisational cultural on HRM policies and practices – A case study of Cambridge University
- The relationship between human resource management practices and organizational culture towards organizational commitment
- Investigating cultural differences between work values of employees and the implications for managers
- To effectively manage cultural change without affecting work productivity
- Inducting new employees into the culture
- Recruiting to change the culture
HR Diversity Dissertation Topics
The challenges and opportunities for business organisations have significantly increased in the recent times, thanks to the changing composition and nature of work force over the last few decades. This has provoked organisations to develop and implement diversity management systems as part of their human resource management system. Although relatively new, diversity management is an important research area of human resource management that brings challenges and learning to employees. There are various models and forms of diversity management practiced by firms. Essentially, it is defined as “organisation’s active investment in the integration, development, and advancement of individuals who collectively represent the work force”. Some intriguing topics for your diversity human resource management dissertation are suggested below:
- To investigate differences between discrimination and diversity
- Managing diversity through HRM: A conceptual framework and an international perspective
- Managing diversity in the public sector
- Managing cultural diversity in human resource management
- The managerial tools, opportunities, challenges and benefits associated with diversity in the workplace
- To investigate the challenges of exclusion and inequality
- Managing cultural differences and diversity
- Managing diversity and the “Global Village”
- Diverse and cosmopolitan
- Training managers for diversity
- Training the newly hired staff for diversity in a large and diversified business organisation
More HRM Dissertation Topics
- Analyzing the importance and Impact of training and development on organization’s sustainability during economic crises
- How online digital platforms has helped organizations in recruiting effectively and efficiently
- Analyzing the factors which directly impacts employee’s personal decision to leave employment
- Critically analyzing the concept of workplace flexibility and how it impacts employee and organizational performance
- A comparative analysis of job satisfaction and motivational factors of employees in public versus private organizations.
How to Structure your HRM Dissertation:
- Title Page
- Abstract/Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- Literature Review
- Findings and Analysis
- Discussion and Conclusion
Click on the link below for detailed information on how to structure a business dissertation.
How to Structure a Dissertation
About Research Prospect:
Research Prospect Ltd is UK’sbest academic writing servicewith allour writersholding minimum Masters/PHD degree. Our onlinedissertation writing services ukinclude but are not limited to dissertation part writing (methodology, discussions, introduction, literature review etc), dissertation topic planning, dissertation topic and outline, dissertation proposaland full dissertation writing. Placing your order with Research Prospect is very simple. Just complete our online order form to get free quotes from writers. If you have any queries about our services and operations, please visit the link below.
Frequently Asked Questions
When an HRM student is assigned the task of extracting their first title out of scholarly literature, they come across a tonne of potential dissertation topics in human resource management. Or none. Research topics in human resource management have a way of confusing students, in the sense that the often unclear terminologies of human resource management literature can be quite ambiguous. You read an article about rewards. Then you read an article about compensation. Then you go on and use the two words synonymously until you’re corrected in class in front of everybody.
As always, I’ll suggest students to go look into current trends in literature when they start hunting down current research topics in human resource management. You need to follow the debate in multiple research areas in the literature to trickle down research problems that interest you and would make good human resource development research topics. The idea is to merge your area of interest with questions that haven’t been answered in the literature. Keep in mind what you would like to write about. Then dig into that side of the literature and pull out an interesting question that needs answering.
You’ll find loads of dissertation topics for human resource management students on the Web. Much like this blog post. They belong to an array of research areas within HRM literature. Some of them will interest some students and some others will attract others.
When you come across such a list of research topics in human resource management, your objective should be to pick out one or two titles. Once you’ve done that, you should check the potential of each title by asking yourself the following questions:
- Are these HR topics interesting enough for me to spend the coming months riffling through theories and books on these subjects without going crazy with boredom?
- Does this title raise a research problem I could write a whole dissertation on? Is it broad and deep enough for me to write an extended report?
- Does it represent a set of objectives that are practical and measurable? Will it be a wild goose chase if I go after this topic?
And a couple others such.
List of Recent Dissertation Topics in human resource Management
Remember to customise any topic you pick from this blog (or anywhere on the Internet) so it becomes your own. You wouldn’t want coming across another dissertation chasing the same answers.
Significance of training in a culturally diverse organisation: The case of HSBC UK
Difficulties in inducting new hires into organisational culture: An overview of workforce induction in Zara
The possibility of HR leading organisational strategy: Trends from new tech companies
The problem of employee motivation in a social life driven by high peer-pressure
Relating motivation with performance: A literature review between 1975 and 2015
Effect of subordinate and peer performance reviews on performance standards: A study of NHS
Implementing HR best practices in global firms: Comparing Rolls Royce and Tesco
Does training affect growth during recessions? An analysis of British banks in the recent recession
HRM versus unions: Effects in the British automobile sector
Studying Taylor’s model with modern HR theory: Proposing a theoretical framework
A Comparative Analysis of the Human Resource Management Ethics and Employment in Nigeria and the United Kingdom
Line Manager Capabilities - the Impact of HRM Devolution
HRD Achieving Professional Recognition as a Separate Entity From Hr Within the Mining Environment
The Roles of HRM in Recruitment and Selection of Stuff in Mergers and Acquisition in XYZ Banking Sector
Can Poor Selection Processes Be Remedied Through Training and Development? A Case Study of XYZ Organisation
An Examination of the Appraisal Technique Hr Managers Use for Upgrading the Employees or the Redundancies of an Employee and Appraisal Conducted for the Manager. A Case Study of a XYZ Organisation
How Employee Performance and Development in the Banking Sector Can Be Enhanced Through Mentoring in XYZ City/ Country
Recruitment and Selection Services: Efficiency and Competetive Reasons in the Outsourcing of HR Practices.
Influence of Leadership Style, Motivation, and Work Discipline on Employee Performance at XYZ Company
The Effect of Material Benefits on Job Satisfaction (a Study of Employees of XYZ Company)
Development of Human Resources Through Education and Training in Improving Performance of Civil Servants
Analysis of Factors Affecting Job Stress and Its Influence on Job Satisfaction and Salesman Performance (Case Study at XYZ Company)
Analysis of the Influence of Human Relations (Relationship between Human) and Work Environment Conditions Against Work Ethics and Employee Performance
You may change the organisations in the title you pick. Go after a name you can gain access to; you’ll be needing data for your primary findings. It’s okay to change big brand names to smaller firms where you have access. If you want, you can take our help in doing it, that too, free.
Paid Topic Consultation Service
In this service, We will send you few topics as per your requirements. After you approve a topic, on an approved topic, you will get dissertation topic brief of at least 250-word which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
Tell us in the comments section below how you liked this HR research topics list. If you have any questions, feel free to ask our online chat assistants.