So, I was talking with my counselor the other day, and she told me I should write down 5 things that I like about myself, and I figured it would fun for all of us to try, I'll begin
1. Caring and soft-hearted. I'm reeaally soft hearted, I mean, I care for people I don't even know, and I care about other people's needs over my own, sometimes to the extreme though…
2. I'm intelligent. I don't mean to sound arrogant here, but I'm really smart, like, I'm only 16, but I've been reading tons of books on psychology and psychotherapy by authors such as Carl Jung, Freud, and Alan Watts.
3. I have a sense of humor. I know that sounds cliche, but senses of humor are severely lacking in our world, especially self humor, my sister says it's good to make fun of yourself sometimes, it gives you perspective.
4. Considerate. Again, not trying to sound arrogant, but I have a tendency to put others ahead of mean, for no reason.
5. I'm a good listener, I mean, even though I've been going through my own struggle with depression, I'll happily stop to listen to your troubles and see how you're doing, I have friend who's going through a really hard time, but I try to stay there and support, I'm an extremely loyal friend
Now lets hear yours…
Eyes, a smile, sense of humour… everyone has something they love about themselves. Our readers tell us what they like about themselves.
I love my curly hair and freckles! - Susann
It's sometimes quite silly how hard it is to answer this question. However, the thing I love most about myself would be my eyes, bright, blue, windows to my soul. - Amalia
My upbeat attitude and optimism which helps get me through some of the toughest days. You always have to smile and enjoy the moment. –Melissa
I love the way I cook and care for my family and giving so much to other people around me. I love who I am and for accepting myself and my body. I love the clothes I wear; I love my calmness and my happy life. I love to laugh and most of all I really love my feet. - Ullricke
I have grown to love my freckled facial skin! As I grow older, they grow in numbers. As I have oily skin prone to breakouts, I have learnt the importance of using a facial scrub at least once a week. I love my freckled skin! - Karabo
I like my full lips. –Kusjka
I love the fact that I am a very positive person. It is for this reason, that despite being a breast cancer patient at the age of 29 years, and wearing an external left breast prosthesis for the last 27 years, I cherish every second of my wonderful life. –Lalitha
I love my silly side. - Yolande
I love my curly brown hair even though I have a few grey hairs (wisdom) @ 25 - Illone
My bubbly attitude! I always think about the good things when the worst things happen. - Jasmine
When I was a little girl, I used to smile holding my hand over my mouth, as I thought I had terrible buck teeth, until a dentist told me that I have teeth that most models dream about. Now that I am a senior, several strangers have told me that when I smile my entire face lights up. I wish I knew this when I was small! Definitely love my smile! – Leonie
I love that I'm comfortable in my own skin! Live Love Laugh! -Ilze
My ability to smile even when things get hard. I’m not afraid to start over. – Irene
What I like most about myself is my inner strength, determination and perseverance to accomplish my heart's desires even though most of the time the odds are against me . I recently became the first degree graduate in my family. - Shantel
I love my ability to make people feel as if they worth millions. When people feel good about themselves they are fearless. - Nadine
Follow Women24 on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
READ MORE:confidence, beauty, reader response, self esteem